Mod Men

Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Gray...What?

I had hoped to post pictures of a near-complete buffet today, but sadly, we've run into a bit of a snag on the paint front. 

When we stripped the paint off the buffet, the wood wasn't really in great shape. I didn't realize it at the time, but it was very dry and at this stage it is making painting near impossible. The poor thing is so parched that it has been soaking up white paint like it's going out of style and since the original wood is cherry, the whole piece has taken on a pink tint. Those who know me, know my love/hate battle with all things pink, but that is another post.

So, now we have been tasked with selecting a color that can cover the piece well, even it were to soak in more than we would like. 

Enter, my brilliant husband with solution to aforementioned problem!....

The open shelf spaces have been painted a charcoal gray and look amazing. So, Kyle suggested that we paint the outside a lighter gray to compliment them. I have to say that I was not instantly enthused by the idea, but after tooling around online for gray pieces of furniture and living spaces with that motif, I think I have a new obsession with gray decor.

I love how it can be quietly elegant and then completely transform with pops of color! 
Do you guys have any suggestions for hardware choices? Should we stick to metal or do colored enamel?




No comments:

Post a Comment