Mod Men

Tuesday, February 7, 2012

A New, Old Chair

I love antique and retro style furniture. It almost always has a story and I firmly believe that when designers look forward, they have to look back, so styles we think are dated almost always come back around.


Such is the case with a chair we recently acquired. It originally belonged to my husbands grandparents and while the cushion leaves something to be desired, it has great bones!


What I wish I had captured, was the V shape construction on the side of the chair. It is very 60s retro and incredibly comfortable.


Regardless of comfort level, the blue stripes needed to go! So last weekend, I ran to Joann Fabrics with the fabulously talented Karen (of buffet fame) to pick out something exciting and new.


Here is what we decided on. It is a great taupe-gray color and lucky for us, it is double sided - the color pallet is reversed out on the other side. 


Don't worry, I didn't overlook the fabric just above it. I actually went back the next day to take a second look and bought a yard to make accent pillows, which is the project for this weekend.


Here is the finished product! 


I really liked the way it turned out. It is a fun pattern and if at any time I decide that I want to change it, I just unbutton the cover and buy new fabric! 


Oh, did I mention the cost of the fabric? $40! I think that is pretty good for a "new" piece of furniture.






Check back for the unveiling of the accent pillows!

1 comment:

  1. I was waiting for a new post! The chair is wonderful great job!

    ReplyDelete