Mod Men

Thursday, December 1, 2011

Faux Fur For Me!

It's December 1st! Welcome Winter! 


This season always makes me want to throw on fuzzy socks and snuggle up by a crackling fire...but we don't have a fireplace...sigh...well, maybe in our next house. Back to the snuggly feeling...


In an effort to create a comfy and cozy ambiance, sans fireplace, I've decided that we need a faux fur throw for our living room couch. They are the ultimate in warmth and they look great too! 


There are two problems with this:


1) My dog could mistake the throw for another animal and, sensing a threat in the force, tear it to smithereens. 
2) Finding the right faux fur is hard. The super cheap stuff looks like plastic, and feels worse. While the higher end options come at a crazy price!


Couple the points above, with the fact that I have a hard time spending more than $50 on anything anymore, and the search for the perfect throw becomes challenging. 


Here is what I've found so far...


Overstock.com
Doesn't this look soft! The best part is that it is only $39.99!


Drawback? I am not sure how long the cute pom poms will last in "Ranger's domain." He will probably think that we bought him a new toy and goodbye pom poms!




The Foundary
This glorious throw is courtesy of a Mongolian Lamb...or so says the retailer details. 


At $125.00 (the discounted price) it is way too expensive, but I had to include it because of the unique look of the fur. I didn't realize that Mongolian Lambs were so cuddly. Did you?




One Kings Lane
Zebra anyone? It's hard to tell from the picture, but this is a cream zebra-patterned throw from Tourance and it's scrumptious!


OKL is selling it for $69.00, which is a very reasonable price when they typically retail for $150.00. 


Of all three choices, I am leaning towards the Tourance Cream Zebra. It has a high end feel, without being ridiculously priced and adds a bit of sass!


Now...how do I justify going over my $50.00 limit, without suffering from buyers remorse?


Would anyone like to help me rationalize this purchase?




No comments:

Post a Comment